Tuesday, November 30, 2010

some healing.






Lalalaaaa….
There are a lot of different things that I do in the name of my healing.  One, I drink a stewed concoction filled with intensely odd ingredients, mostly plants, sometimes sand (?!) or even insects (?!).  I go into a small Chinese herb store in San Francisco that is barely maneuverable with my wheel chair, ram packed with different goodies like dries mushrooms the size of my head.  I visit an old man, Dr. Zhang, who was a respected physician in his country, but now sits in at a rusty metal desk and a fold out chair with a wristwatch with frayed wristband that is propped on the desk to read the time.  He gives me a gentle smile and asks to see my wrist so he can check my pulse and then asks to see my tongue.  I do as I am told, every time amazed that that is all he requires to come up with a combination of herbs that differ for every visit.  It takes about 15 minutes and 3 people to put all the ingredients together.  I let this potent mix stew for an hour on the stove, which becomes about a cup of muddy water which I hold my breath and gulp down, begging my mom to give me something to put in my mouth to cover the taste.  This is all supposed to help the circulation of my blood, which is vital for cell renewal. 
Another form of therapy, that I much rather prefer is animal therapy ;)  This adorable pup is Gizmo, a half chow chow half kelpie mix that a friend’s auntie just invited into her family.  In some spare time, I like to go visit animals that provide a healing for my soul.  Everything is revealed without words.  Animals don’t need words to fill spaces of silence and don’t need compliments to feed the ego and it is so comfortable.  There is no judgment, there is no expectation, there is only the sharing of true self. 

These are just a couple of things I use to heal.  That’s just starters ;)

LOVE.JULIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment