Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confession
After my accident, my doctors and hospital counselors encouraged me to go to school. At the time, I laughed, “ya right, I’m just going to do physical therapy and then get back to life”. After some badgering, I decided it wasn’t such a bad idea and compromised by taking online classes. All of a sudden people were ‘inspired’ by me, “it’s so amazing that you went back to school after such an accident!” HAHA! Like being paralyzed gives me an excuse to be uneducated. Anyways, all this time I’ve stayed out of sight from my fellow colleagues, hiding behind a computer screen in the comfort of my cozy home. Next semester, I don’t get away so easily. I start taking classes on campus… I’m TERRIFIED. Ok, maybe not that bad but it’s definitely an anxiety that pops up in my unforgiving, relentless mind. I just figured that by the time I had to actually show up to school, I’d be back up on my feet, wishful thinking I suppose. No more hiding. Even though I proceeded with school, I was cheating, hiding from the world. Sheltering myself from what the typical college student experiences. As much as I try to decorate the truth, the reality is I put my life on hold.
Breathheeeeee. Here I come world.

LOVE.JULIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment