Wednesday, April 7, 2010

When marvelous days follow marvelous days I feel as though writing them devalues them in some way. No combination of words can recreate the feelings that were experienced during the day.

Often times we set goals for ourselves that take time hard work to attain. When these goals are met we are excited about this miracle. What gets us down though is that nothing huge and exciting happens all the time and those times are miserable because we don't see a huge change. I guess what I’m trying to get at is that it is only miserable if we choose to disregard all the little miracles that are constantly occurring around us. Doron spoke to me of how even recognizing how amazing it is that he can hop in a vehicle and steer the wheel to move it how he pleases is a miracle. After this I tried to be more aware, more grateful for each accomplishment, for each miracle.

Yesterday I was able to unzip my own jacket and took it off (it may have taken 10-15 minutes, it was an accomplishment nonetheless). A few days prior, I was able to drink soup out of a bowl by holding it in my own hands.




Gratitude for the little things makes hard life not so hard...

LOVE.JULIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment