Monday, April 5, 2010

let me sleep.

Mornings are the hardest. In my dreams I get to play the piano, run, swim, dance…even go to the bathroom on my own. In an instant, paralysis takes over as I am brought back to reality. Every morning feels like my body is being taken from me for the first time. Let me sleep; don't wake me from the reality I so badly want to be true.
I wish I could enjoy my sleep like this every night but of course a lot of nights I am left lying in bed, eyes wide open, forced to face the fact that I am to stay in whatever awkward position that my body spasms decide to throw me into. Breathe…that’s all I can do. My mind is what defines moments like these as ‘powerless’. ‘Just let me sleep…please’ are the words that occupy my head. My greatest challenge is not to walk but to silence my mind, and then not walking won’t be so bad.
Life…

LOVE.JULIA.

No comments:

Post a Comment