Sunday, March 28, 2010

LOVE.IT'S EVERYWHERE.

My brother and father were visiting from Japan this past week and now I am left spending a quiet Sunday in our empty two bedroom apartment with my mother. In this silence, I realize how much of an impact they have in our lives. I feel that these precious moments are precious because we are forced to live so far away… this paralysis has made my love for my family so much clearer. This paralysis has given me the opportunity to appreciate every moment I get to share with them, which I had taken for granted in the past.

In my last entry I expressed my confusion with friendships. I now see the mistake I have made is trying to define what a friend ought to be. This injury has limited me physically but has benefited me in opening my eyes to a clearer reality, or what I make reality. Recently I have recognized how amazing people are capable of being.
I received a phone call from a mother of a friend in London who I have not kept in touch with since I left London years ago. She called to let me know I am always in her thoughts and prayers and to never give up.
A man who I have never met who had been in a similar accident called last because he had heard of my story and could not shake the thoughts of what I must be going through.
In December my mother encountered a man who had seen my progress videos on youtube and made it his own personal goal to see me walk and play the cello and piano again. He has taken me in as part of his family and opened up so many opportunities for healing for me.
These are only just a very few of my encounters this past year… VERY few. These are people I barely know, yet they have opened their hearts to me, keeping me in mind, sending me positive energies of love.
The label ‘friend’ is so broad and so general. We are all 'friends', lets act like it. What we need to do is see, feel all the love around us. The amazing power emitted off the people around us need to be recognized and appreciated. The vibration of love is friendship. What we fail to see is that we all share this universal energy, which we contribute to by something as simple as picking up a piece of litter.

We are all surrounded by love, can you see it? You will. Just look closely. Be love(effortlessly).

LOVE.JULIA.

1 comment:

  1. Life is constantly shifting, and sometimes friendships move on as well. At every moment when we experience the love, that great connection, we can feel the friendship of the whole universe.

    It is true however that at times it is sweet to have a physical friendship, a person to just share space with, or be there to listen or lend a hug. Many times there are people in our life that could serve that purpose and we just don't think that they would be there for us. So fear not ask. Letter R or letter D...Love and friendship, D

    ReplyDelete