Sunday, March 14, 2010

oh friend...

I seem to keep stumbling across this concept of friends over and over in my mind. With paralysis comes many hopeless, lonely times… I’ve been placed in a situation where everything has to be done for me, rarely giving me the time to be alone, yet I find myself lonely in my mind. At times like this I find myself scrolling up and down my contact list searching for that person I can go to, to break down and be comforted, to be understood and be told everything will be ok. How is it that through all the names, a-z that there is no one I can reach out to?

How many people are there who have this friend who they trust with anything and everything? How many of these relationships go beyond petty gossip and shopping? At the end of the day what are friends?

In my opinion a friend is someone you share with, happy times, sad times even energy. A lot of the time I notice relationships where there is a lot more taking than giving, which ends up being draining for one person. So, when do you cut your losses and find a new friend?

How often are you ‘friends’ with people who you know you wouldn’t keep in touch with if you moved a way? A friend that you know you wouldn't give a call even if you were in town? Maybe we have certain friends for all the wrong reasons… is that life? Is that just how it is?

I’m not quite sure what I’m trying to get at here but… maybe I just need to learn to just let it be…

LOVE.JULIA.

2 comments:

  1. And what happens when you scroll past the letter R, hmmmm???!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R hmm??!! Well there are a few names there.. I wonder what you could be referring to;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete